|Project Health||Project Phase||Target Completion Date|
|On Track||Build and Implement||11/30/2021|
Affiliates, including Contingent Workers and Volunteers, are required to complete hiring documents and other steps in order to complete their HR onboarding with the university. However, they have much fewer steps and requirements than true employees. Because of this, there are opportunities to make the process more efficient and less cumbersome. Specifically, the affiliate would not need to show any employment eligibility documents or attend an in person or live video appointments (often a very time-intensive and resource-heavy step). Without this requirement, there is possibly an unnecessary handoff to the BRS HR Central Onboarding team to complete this work.
As part of the vision and goals of the Regional Onboarding project workstream, regions hope to reduce unnecessary handoffs to the BRS HR Central Onboarding team, streamline the process, and reduce the turnaround time for bringing an affiliate onboard, obtaining their systems access, and ensuring they are productive on Day 1.
- Implement a process in which the affiliate's department is able to gather any needed information and complete the forms on their own.
- Create DocuSign PowerForms that will allow the department manager to easily route the form to the affiliate for signatures. Two forms will need to be created: one for Contingent Workers and one for Volunteers.
- Implementation of the new process to reduce the handoff and improve turnaround time for affiliate onboarding/hiring.
- Implementation of the DocuSign PowerForm.
Sponsor: Marc Fisher
Project Manager: Isabel Nguyen
Functional Leads: Ana Sanchez, Ana Chavez
For more information on this project, contact:
Project Health: On Track
- Type of Risk/Issue: Schedule, Other
- Description: We have come across some system-related issues involving both ServiceNow and DocuSign that could impact the timeline. The release of the forms is heavily tied to ServiceNow, so if the release of ServiceNow Service Hub is postponed, the form will be as well. This could cause confusion to departments. For DocuSign, we need to transfer the test DocuSign Powerform to another host account (its formal and final home), and we are still working on this and what this will look like. Change Management and Communications have shifted to match with these new timelines.
- Mitigation Plan:
- ServiceNow ServiceHub is expected to launch, and there is no question of that, but the risk is in the delay. For now, we expect a short duration, but if there is other delays, then there are already discussions about desynchonizing the release of the DocuSign PowerForm with ServiceNow.
- For DocuSign, we are actively working with both teams to come up with a solution that will appease all parties and will meet on 9/7/2021 to discuss.
Project Phase: Build and Implement
- September 2021: Regions have shared information of the new form and process to their departments (including an ask for any feedback). All departmental feedback has now also been collected and revised into the new form. For further form changes, they will go to the operations "Forms" committee for review, approval, and updates.
- New Affiliate/Contingent Worker DocuSign PowerForms will launch on 10/25/2021 to coincide with the launch of Service Hub.