|Project Health||Project Phase||Target Completion Date|
- Weak Alignment Between Projects and Organizational Objectives: Strategic projects not regularly presented in relation to overall organizational capacity and current priorities.
- Undefined Project Success Metrics: Measures to assess project performance and methods to collect data not formalized.
- Undefined Organizational Success Metrics: Measures to assess achievement of VCA strategic objectives and methods to collect data not formalized.
- Executive leadership and project teams do not systematically evaluate the performance of projects within the VCA Strategic Project Portfolio relative to the fulfillment of project and overall VCA goals. This impedes the ability to make timely and appropriate adjustments to tactics and resources that would support project success and organizational alignment.
VCA Strategic Portfolio Management Benefits:
- Strategic Alignment: Align project resources, objectives, and metrics to VCA strategic priorities.
- Accountability: Enforce consistent framework for reporting and assessing project and VCA performance.
- Engagement: Promote coordination of efforts across VCA.
- Awareness: Individual contributors on project teams understand VCA goals and are clear about their role in achieving goals.
- Sustainability: Establish clear processes and easy tools to ensure long-term viability.
- Continuous Improvement: Make future iterations of strategic plan easier.
- Establish a new framework for strategic planning in VCA.
- Start tracking progress of strategic projects and key performance indicators in FY21.
- 100% of strategic KPI and strategic project status updates are published by specified deadlines.
- Sponsor: Marc Fisher
- Project Manager: Anne Ho
For more information on this project, contact:
For more details on the VCA Strategic Plan, visit the website:
Project Health: On Track
Project Phase: Close
- November 2021: FY22 Q1 VCA Strategic KPI Dashboard published
- November 2021: VCA Strategic Plan website updated with recent KPI dashboard
- VCA Strategic KPI Dashboard reporting will transition from a project to BPMO recurring operations
- Next quarterly strategic KPI report will be published in February 2021