With an extensive portfolio of projects and activities, and projects potentially at risk for having resources overallocated, Berkeley Public Health (BPH) needs a solution to organize and consolidate high-level data about current projects and ongoing activities. BPH leadership needs to be able to use this solution to review progress towards organizational goals, facilitate collaboration and informed decision-making, identify and mitigate risks, and be responsive to emerging needs.
The portfolio management process will enable BPH leadership to:
- Reconcile resource bandwidth with the amount of work to be done
- Identify potential delays and bottlenecks, and put in place measures to mitigate risks
- Ensure accountability in the execution of projects through defined timelines and responsible owners, and regular status updates
- Implement tools and techniques for managing and prioritizing BPH projects and key activities.
- BPH Leadership Team can easily identify peak periods and resource (people) constraints, and approach annual activities proactively.
- 100% of ad hoc projects have charters; projects align with True North.
- Sponsor: Michael Lu
- SPH Leads: Priya Mehta, Seana Van Buren, and Estefani Barba
- Project Manager: Anne Ho